Tuesday 29 October 2013

Summing up so far


So a fair few weeks into the course now and all still seems to be going well, in fact this has been the only form of art education where I've really been enjoying myself and my work. Having come from an foundation course which focused on you using as many new techniques and media as you could fit into a year I eventually had next to no time for just drawing but with the visual design projects I’m happy to be rediscovering my love for it. 

A few of the various thumbnail drawings from the work
Perspective is proving a pain as it always has but it just seems to be a case of getting back into it. 

As for less familiar ground, despite the horror stories I've heard 3D Studio Max has behaved itself on my end apart from a few cases of a selective undo button and some evasive toolbars. It's surprising how fast you can pick it up with just a couple dozen remodels of the same accursed wheelie bin. Overall I'm really enjoying working with the program and apart from a new perception for noticing wheelie bins within my surroundings and a vendetta against Frank Rotherham Mouldings for the introduction of the modern wheelie bin, 3Ds Max hasn't succeeded in crushing my soul just yet, though I have been repeatedly informed that this is very likely to change. 




No comments:

Post a Comment