Wednesday 8 April 2015

I may have eaten my chocolate early

I'm not completely sure when Easter is but the result was the same, I once again have no chocolate.

I had hoped to get all my work out of the way by the second week but I was instead challenged to a Ninja throwing fight on Saints row 3 and everybody knows it would be dishonorable to not accept.
I wasn't quite so idle this week. Got that the texture for the remodeled palace done.



I also made some really small changes to my character project based on the feedback I received. The feedback was pretty minimal, 'add more contrast to the colours'. What I'd done so far gotten me a score in the low 50's so I was left wondering if contrasting colours were all I needed to change...where are those other 50 points? But I did what I could without feeling like it was damaging the dichotomy of the colours, neatened up some topology and added some extra finger loops for better deformation.


Again, not much was changed at all. I put some trim on their shirt patterns using their opposing colours, made the bishop symbol on their crowns a shade of the opposite colour too and altered some on the contrast slightly so none of their whites and pure white and the blacks aren't pure black. I did also give Stonewall fingerless gloves to break his arm up a bit more since it doesn't differentiate in shape as much as Gambit's.

I don't expect my marks to change by much if they change at all but it gave me a chance get some better renders of them than the ones I initially had and I fixed some mistakes I over looked in my naming convention so who knows, maybe there's a point or two in there somewhere. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment