Saturday 7 March 2015

I should really stop modelling and do some texturing

This week I modeled the palace again, and some fences and a collectible jam tart...they'll get textured I promise.

In fact the tart is already textured. It doesn't look as delicious as I was aiming for but then again it's a collectible pick up so even if it did look good enough to eat Alice shouldn't be eating off the forest floor anyway. I tried to get sub surface scattering in the engine to make the jam look a little more transparent and make the material a bit more realistic. I did succeed but there was a side effect of it glowing purple which was just a bit hard to overlook.


Over with the others in the engine file a lot has gone on and things are looking good.



While I'm really missing working in the engine it's always nice to get a look at it after a little while and see everything that's changed and watch it slowly come together.


As I mentioned before I made a fence which I'm currently avoiding texturing as I hand painted some bark a couple days ago and my brain has yet to recover from my fools decision to be ridiculously detailed about it so just a model for now. Mark then told me he'd like to be able to set up areas of broken fence in places so I went in a pulled some parts out so he'd have a set of more versatile pieces.







No comments:

Post a Comment