Wednesday 8 October 2014

Let's go image hunting!

Taking a lead from our new optional class of “Cool Shit Wednesdays” I thought I’d take an opportunity to try and interact with my blog more and I’d make note of some of the interesting art I’ve been hording away in my reference folders this week.

While a large percentage has been mostly Russian Mass Effect art I’ve also picked up some more constructive pieces while browsing the Polycount forums and in particular some pieces I found on a ‘women in game art’ thread (http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140562)  

[1]
I'm starting with this one, mainly because I like looking at the topology of other peoples models. Especially with characters the topology of my work isn't always particularly neat and I find having references of what I should be aiming for helpful for improving. 









[2]




This picture I just really liked, something about the art style and colour palette just felt very art deco even if it did take a few moments to notice the very large sword embedded in the unfortunate fellow.
Looking into this I found out it was art based on a game called Transistor from the makers of Bastion which I intend to get my hands on if I can find ten spare minutes.







[3]



Last image I think I'll throw up here will be this one because I enjoy isometric art styles, since they're fun to look at and fun to draw. I always want model toy versions to pick up and build towns with. 
This one I like in particular because of the overall shape and the little decorative touch of the pieces of cog on the walls.

This seems to be a style that keeps popping up in mobile gaming so I guess it's an art style we're likely to see more of.

Well I'm going to leave this post at that, just something small to break up the week but I'll probably add a few more of these posts when I go off on another image hunt and find more things of interest.








[1] http://firstkeeper.deviantart.com/
[2]http://jenzee.deviantart.com/
[3]http://catell-ruz.tumblr.com/page/2

No comments:

Post a Comment